Twelve Days of Thanksgiving – PEACE, LOVE , GRATATUDE TOUR ‘11
A Conspectus a Snapshot a selected Review, in 12 days, of Robert Louis John Beckwermert’s View
hmmm huh!
Intention: express, understand, expand goodness
Audience: caring or interested parties
Day 1: Live on Sunday
It was a beautiful morning. No rain, some Sun. Stayed home last night, somewhat different than the near 3 am lay down time, the night before.
Pretty happy this am, generally, things have been improving over the last few years. Getting older, seems to have some benefits – but still, older and closer to death is pretty much always the case at any time in our lives, when we look back. So, yah, still pretty motivated to die well, but that will be many decades away.
Snapshot:
Work is pretty good. I like my job more all the time, and I have lots to do right now; so that’s good.
It looks like I’m wrapping up a multiyear litigation where I was rather deeply involved - overall the process has been very positive, and a good enough result is on the table. Still, it carried much negativity. Just the confidentiality agreement remains.
And, I love where I am living; a great space in Kitsilano, near the beach - which has a well-worn bike path alongside. I am the occupier of the top floor of the house, and there is a psych and a medical student on the main floor. They are mid-twenties, and except for the fact that they are not, they could be my children. I am near 48.
I have a many people flowing in and aroud my life; and, I have many interests.
Super grateful for a wonderful trip to Europe; much family and fantastic sights were visited.
There is an upcoming wedding in the family. First one in the family since the last time this brother was married, over 25 years ago. I was a groomsman in that one.
My father is pretty healthy and in a solid long held primary relationship complete with tons of grandchildren that he enjoys. That is pretty great.
While I am 200 pounds, and haven’t worked out much at all in the last year - in the last 2 weeks, I have engaged the gym about 6 times and started playing Ultimate, which is a super fun game. All good.
Been thinking of my Mom a lot this year, and lately my Aunt too. I referenced my Aunt’s book to find that town in Calabria – to see the rellies. My Mom was something. My Aunt too.
Yah, oh yah, I have a nice ride; older, German and sporty - like me.
It’s a great day to live in Canada. Our Supreme Court unanimously ruled for compassion and correction over punishment the other day. One of the key differences between Canadian’s and Americans is criminal justice policy. In California, they now spend more on the prison system than they do on education, even though the school system has 50 times the clients. Sadly, our current government is in the act of enacting minimum sentencing on a broad scale. Criminal, really, given that the US, as a country, has the highest percentage of criminals of all the countries in the world – and minimal sentencing is part of that extremist machine. Hmmm, I am off topic – at least partly. I am grateful for this amazing country and this incredible time in which I live. I am grateful for the free speech, and the that Court’s decision.
So, that about does it for a start. Happy Fall All!
Oh yah, there is this little Kindle E book, entitled Lying, and its Author is Sam Harris. A Kindle app is available for all computers. A mentor of mine turned me on to this author years ago.
This little e-book costs $1.99, and takes about 20-30 minutes to read. It could be entitled – why it makes so much sense to always tell the truth. Anyways, a really cool read.
A Conspectus a Snapshot a selected Review, in 12 days, of Robert Louis John Beckwermert’s View
hmmm huh!
Intention: express, understand, expand goodness
Audience: caring or interested parties
Day 1: Live on Sunday
It was a beautiful morning. No rain, some Sun. Stayed home last night, somewhat different than the near 3 am lay down time, the night before.
Pretty happy this am, generally, things have been improving over the last few years. Getting older, seems to have some benefits – but still, older and closer to death is pretty much always the case at any time in our lives, when we look back. So, yah, still pretty motivated to die well, but that will be many decades away.
Snapshot:
Work is pretty good. I like my job more all the time, and I have lots to do right now; so that’s good.
It looks like I’m wrapping up a multiyear litigation where I was rather deeply involved - overall the process has been very positive, and a good enough result is on the table. Still, it carried much negativity. Just the confidentiality agreement remains.
And, I love where I am living; a great space in Kitsilano, near the beach - which has a well-worn bike path alongside. I am the occupier of the top floor of the house, and there is a psych and a medical student on the main floor. They are mid-twenties, and except for the fact that they are not, they could be my children. I am near 48.
I have a many people flowing in and aroud my life; and, I have many interests.
Super grateful for a wonderful trip to Europe; much family and fantastic sights were visited.
There is an upcoming wedding in the family. First one in the family since the last time this brother was married, over 25 years ago. I was a groomsman in that one.
My father is pretty healthy and in a solid long held primary relationship complete with tons of grandchildren that he enjoys. That is pretty great.
While I am 200 pounds, and haven’t worked out much at all in the last year - in the last 2 weeks, I have engaged the gym about 6 times and started playing Ultimate, which is a super fun game. All good.
Been thinking of my Mom a lot this year, and lately my Aunt too. I referenced my Aunt’s book to find that town in Calabria – to see the rellies. My Mom was something. My Aunt too.
Yah, oh yah, I have a nice ride; older, German and sporty - like me.
It’s a great day to live in Canada. Our Supreme Court unanimously ruled for compassion and correction over punishment the other day. One of the key differences between Canadian’s and Americans is criminal justice policy. In California, they now spend more on the prison system than they do on education, even though the school system has 50 times the clients. Sadly, our current government is in the act of enacting minimum sentencing on a broad scale. Criminal, really, given that the US, as a country, has the highest percentage of criminals of all the countries in the world – and minimal sentencing is part of that extremist machine. Hmmm, I am off topic – at least partly. I am grateful for this amazing country and this incredible time in which I live. I am grateful for the free speech, and the that Court’s decision.
So, that about does it for a start. Happy Fall All!
Oh yah, there is this little Kindle E book, entitled Lying, and its Author is Sam Harris. A Kindle app is available for all computers. A mentor of mine turned me on to this author years ago.
This little e-book costs $1.99, and takes about 20-30 minutes to read. It could be entitled – why it makes so much sense to always tell the truth. Anyways, a really cool read.
No comments:
Post a Comment